It’s that time again to introduce you all to my favorite blogger of the month! On the last Friday of every month, I interview a favorite blogger of mine and share their answers on my blog. Click here to see who I have featured in the past!
My favorite blogger of the month for March is Ashley of Southern (California) Belle. I am so excited to have her on my blog today because she is seriously the sweetest, most genuine, most adorable blogger EVER. If you think that I have a feminine sense of style, she is like a million times more girly and twirly than I will ever be. Her collection of fit and flare dresses is absolutely swoon-worthy. I really think ya’ll are going to love her blog!
1. City of residence: Los Angeles, CA
2. How long have you been blogging? I’ve had my blog since February 2011, but started seriously blogging later the same year.
3. How would you describe your personal style? I feel like my style is very feminine yet practical for everyday wear. Dresses are my favorite staple item and I love anything with a great color or print. I love standing out!
4. How did you first get into fashion blogs? Who were your first favorite bloggers? I actually got into fashion blogs through other friends. I really loved reading Megan of The Frugalista Diaries and Keiko Lynn before I had a blog of my own. While I love Megan and Keiko’s style, I’m more drawn to smaller style bloggers these days.
5. What made you decide to start writing Southern (California) Belle? My inspiration to start my blog was actually out of boredom! My husband (then boyfriend) was touring the world for work and I was home alone for months at a time. Not only did I enjoy composing style posts, but I loved the sense of community I felt from other bloggers. It really helped me during the harder times of our long distance relationship.
6. What’s the most rewarding thing about blogging? The most rewarding thing about blogging is definitely the friendships I’ve made with other bloggers. I know it sounds a little corny, but the bond between bloggers is very personal, considering I haven’t met most of these girls. But I love getting to know them and finding inspiration in their own personal style.
7. What’s your least favorite thing about blogging? That’s a hard one! If I had to pick my least favorite thing about blogging, it would probably be the amount of time it takes to put into one post. As someone who has a full time job, it can be a little overwhelming at times! I tend to be a perfectionist and sometimes I take too much time on one post, but it’s always worth it in the end.
8. What’s on your current shopping wish list? Oh geez, where do I start? I’ve been on a shopping ban and my list is longer than ever! Here are a few of my most wanted items:
9. Congratulations on having just gotten married! How did you incorporate your personal style into planning your wedding? Thank you so much! My wedding was planned from start to finish in three weeks. While I didn’t have much time to think about minor details, I made sure the big ones were perfect. I was obviously most concerned about my dress. I wanted a short vintage inspired dress to accommodate my courthouse wedding. Luckily, the dress was easy to find and all it needed was a petticoat and a colorful sash to perfect my vision 🙂
Thank you Ashley for being my Favorite Blogger of the Month for March!