It’s that time again to introduce you all to my favorite blogger of the month! On the last Friday of every month, I interview a favorite blogger of mine and share their answers on my blog. Click here to see who I have featured in the past!
My favorite blogger of the month for April is Megan from Feathers and Freckles. I’m really excited to introduce her on my blog today because Megan wears practical (yet fabulous!) outfits and shops on a serious budget. That’s my kind of blogger! Not only are her outfits amazing, but she also has the cutest DIYs that even the seriously craft-challenged (like myself) can pull off with ease! Megan is one of the coolest, down to earth bloggers out there, and I think ya’ll will love her blog (if you’re not reading it already!).
1. City of residence: near Sacramento, CA
2. How long have you been blogging? Two years in July… time flies when you’re posting photos of yourself all over the web!
3. How would you describe your personal style? Practical and thrifty.
4. How did you first get into fashion blogs? Who were your first favorite bloggers? I had no idea fashion blogs existed until I found Ruche’s online shop/blog and saw Kendi modeling a dress of theirs. A series of clicks (and bottle of wine) later and I had read her entire blog.
5. What made you decide to start writing Feathers and Freckles? After months of reading style blogs, I finally had a moment where I thought, “I could do this… maybe”. I’ve always loved photography, writing, and thrifting clothes, so it was kind of a natural fit.
6. What’s the most rewarding thing about blogging? When a reader says I’ve made them laugh or inspired them to try something new.
7. What’s your least favorite thing about blogging? I take my own photos, so it can be frustrating when the lighting, my tripod, or (in most cases) my hair aren’t cooperating. But I enjoy the challenge!
9. You recently moved back to California after living in Florida for a while. Do you find that your style changes depending on where you live? My style depends less on where I live and more on what people are donating to the thrift stores.
10. You are a total pro when it comes to thrift shopping! What advice would you give to a newbie thrifter? Go often, look for the potential in things, and don’t forget your hand sanitizer.
Thank you Megan for being my Favorite Blogger of the Month for April!