It’s that time again to introduce you all to my favorite blogger of the month! On the last Friday of every month, I interview a favorite blogger of mine and share their answers on my blog. Click here to see who I have featured in the past!
My favorite blogger of the month for September is Franziska from Franish. I only recently came across Fran’s blog about 6 months or so ago (How? Why??). Since then, she has quickly come to be one of my favorite bloggers EVER. Not only is she super stylish, but her posts are really informative and helpful. She writes about all of her shopping trips, provides in-depth reviews about specific items, and she created the monthly budgeting bloggers linkup! Fran is also a first year medical student (smarty pants!), so she’s multi-talented too! She’s smart, stylish, sweet, and one of my absolute favorite blog friends.
1. City of residence: Erie, Pennsylvania
2. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in April of 2011 – so around a year and a half!
3. How would you describe your personal style? Classic, comfortable, with a bit of masculinity thrown in. I’m constantly trying to figure out how to describe my style, and now that I have a new dress code to follow, everything is changing again. I really like pants, fun necklaces, and lots and lots of scarves.
4. How did you first get into fashion blogs? Who were your first favorites? I stumbled upon a few a couple of years ago, but I didn’t really start following a lot until Pinterest came around. I really loved Lilly’s Style and Veronika’s Blushing because their style was well defined but appropriate for their lives as working women.
5. What made you decide to start writing Franish? I started working on my style a bit more, and one day I liked my outfit so I snapped a picture of it with my macbook. I just kind of went from there, taking pictures in my bathroom of my torso, and then just working up from there (that’s kind of a super embarrassing story, huh?)
6. What’s the most rewarding thing about blogging? Having friends! For a while, when I was still in Madison, I felt really lonely because all of my college friends had moved away and my boyfriend was in the middle of his third year of medical school. Blogging meant that I had friends again! Now that I’ve moved away, it’s great that these people just came with me.
7. What’s your least favorite thing about blogging? Trying not to dress for the blog. I’ve always wanted my blog to be a true representation of what I buy and wear in my real life. Sometimes it’s hard not to put too much pressure on it, but I always have to remind myself that this is for fun.
8. What’s on your current shopping wish list? I’d really love some great black boots, ponte pants to go with it, and maybe a few more loose cardigans!
9. Med school has a strict dress code. How do you have fun with your wardrobe while still playing by the rules? Most days I do not mind the dress code at all – I think it’s nice that we all look like the professionals we are learning to be. I try to stick to the dress code mostly, while pushing it a bit sometimes when I don’t wear pantyhose or wear ankle pants. I like to mix neutrals, wear lots of scarves, and try to have a bit of fun with my makeup.
10. You recently wrote a great post about explaining how you make money off of your blog. Do you feel it’s important for bloggers to be more honest with their readers? I think it’s the most important thing. I think most people who read blogs of my orientation, those of personal style blogs rather than “fashion” blogs, are also interested in you as a person, so if you lie about that, how you lead your life, or how you blog, you have no credibility left. I just blog like I would want to read a blog, ya know? Blogging is strange, and making money off of blogging is even stranger, so if I think it’s weird and have played around with the concept of it all, I think others may have as well so why not just talk about it?
Thank you Fran for being my Favorite Blogger of the Month for September!